The Company is committed to managing its activities, products and services by constantly improving its respect for the environment and for the health of those involved.
F.B.M. is aware that only prevention and control can result in better environmental protection, it therefore continues to strive to achieve the following objectives:
- pursue the constant improvement of the environmental conditions and prevention of pollution;
- ensure the continuous compliance with the applicable laws, rules and regulations and regularly verify their timely implementation;
- monitor possible sources of pollution;
- ensure the correct management of water drainage;
- managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
- minimise the consumption of energy and materials;
- employ management systems and procedures that comply with the international requirements in order to prevent and avoid any injury or danger to health, safety and public welfare, as well as environmental damage to the ecosystem;
- assess the environmental effects before constructing a new plant or a new process;
- coordinate environmental management system activities with those of the quality management system, thus favouring an integrated approach of the two aspects;
- involve suppliers and contractors to ensure they adopt a policy of environmental management;
- suitably involve the various levels of the organisational structure in the implementation of the company’s strategic principles and of the improvement programs;
- inform the parties concerned of the company’s commitment to health, safety and environment management;
- inform the entire staff of the present environmental policy and make it available to anyone who wishes to consult it.